Monday, January 30, 2012

Dog Toy

So I got a sewing machine for Christmas so that I can have my own and not have to wait to use someone else's. So I figured I would make my dog a toy. I mean what better way to practice and not have someone care if it is messed up. I went to Joanne Fabrics and bought some cute brown fleece material with white paws on it for the toy.
I also decided I didn't want to spend hours online looking for the perfect experiment so I just bought a pattern for like $3.
It is actually supposed to be a stuffed hippo for a child but oh well just add a squeaker and instant dog toy.

So I put the pattern over my material and pinned each piece before cutting to make sure I didn't cut unevenly.
Once all the pieces were cut out my project started to actually feel real.
Here is a picture of just the body all sewn together.
And then here is the completed project.
I am very pleased with it and so is Major.

No comments:

Post a Comment