Monday, March 18, 2013

Flower Girl Pomander Ball

Sorry that I haven't been posting for almost a year! I've been busy with the wedding, honeymoon, moving, and starting a new job but I am back and I promise so many updates to post and of course pictures! Oh and I'm starting another blog for beauty and candles and just product reviews so once I do that I will post the link to it. But for now here is my flower girl pomander ball.

So I wanted something that would be easy for my flower girl to carry down the aisle and since she was only 2 I figured this ball with a ribbon to hold onto would be the perfect idea.


I went to Michael's and purchased a small round floral Styrofoam ball, hot glue sticks, multiple fake flowers, and some cute ribbon to match my colors. After I got home I pulled all the flowers off the stems and separated them out so it looked like this.
I then just started taking the flowers and randomly placing them on the Styrofoam and adding a little bit of hot glue behind them just to help them stay a little bit better. Here is how it looked in the beginning.
Once all the flowers were added it was time to add the ribbon so that the flower girl would have something to hold on to. This was the hardest part of trying to get it to stay and to be honest I completely forget how we ended up getting it to stay! Oops sorry guys. But here is another picture of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment